Setting Up Email On Samsung Galaxy – Email has become widely used on smartphones and Wi-Fi-enabled laptops and tablet computers. Mobile “apps” for email increase accessibility to the medium for users who are out of their home. Learn here how setting up, sending, reading the beginners guide for Samsung Galaxy S8 / Galaxy S8+
Setting Up Email On Samsung Galaxy
While in the earliest years of email, users could only access email on desktop computers, in the 2010s, it is possible for users to check their email when they are away from home, whether they are across town or across the world. Alerts can also be sent to the smartphone or other device to notify them immediately of new messages. This has given email the ability to be used for more frequent communication between users and allowed them to check their email and write messages throughout the day. Today, there are an estimated 1.4 billion email users worldwide and 50 billion non-spam emails that are sent daily.
Email has been widely accepted by business, governments and non-governmental organizations in the developed world, and it is one of the key parts of an ‘e-revolution’ in workplace communication (with the other key plank being widespread adoption of highspeed Internet). A sponsored 2010 study on workplace communication found 83% of U.S. knowledge workers felt email was critical to their success and productivity at work
Setting up email accounts
Set up an email account on Samsung Galaxy S8 when opening Email for the first time.
- Open the Samsung folder and launch the Email app.
- Enter the email address and password, and then tap SIGN IN.
- To manually register an email account, tap MANUAL SETUP.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Set up another email
Manual to add another email on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- To set up another email account, tap Menu → Gear/Settings → Add account.
If you have more than one email account, you can set one as the default account.
- Tap → Gear/Settings → Menu → Set default account.
- Tap to compose an email.
- Add recipients and enter an email text.
- Tap SEND to send the mail.
When Email Galaxy S8 is open, the device will automatically retrieve new emails. To manually retrieve emails, swipe downwards on the screen.
Tap an email on the screen to read it.
If email syncing is disabled, new emails cannot be retrieved.
- To enable email syncing, tap Menu → Gear/Settings → your account name, and then tap the Sync account switch to activate it.