Customise Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi settings – You can make your Galaxy S8+ / S8 more personalised by configuring Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi and various setting options.
Customise Galaxy S8 Settings
Activate the Samsung Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi feature to connect to a Wi-Fi network and access the Internet or other network devices. To use the Bixby feature, sign in to your Samsung accoun, email and other your Galaxy S8 must be connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
- Your device uses a non-harmonised frequency and is intended for use in all European countries. The WLAN can be operated in the EU without restriction indoors, but cannot be operated outdoors.
- Turn off Wi-Fi to save the battery when not in use.
Manual Galaxy S8 Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi, and then tap the switch to activate it.
- Select a network from the Wi-Fi networks list.
Networks that require a password appear with a lock icon. Enter the password and tap CONNECT.
• Once the device connects to a Wi-Fi network, the device will reconnect to that network each time it is available without requiring a password. To prevent the device connecting to the network automatically, select it from the list of networks and tap FORGET.
• If you cannot connect to a Wi-Fi network properly, restart your device’s Wi-Fi feature or the wireless router.
Galaxy S8 Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct connects devices directly via a Wi-Fi network without requiring an access point.
1 On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi, and then tap the switch to activate it.
2 Tap Wi-Fi Direct. The detected devices are listed.
If the device you want to connect to is not in the list, request that the device turns on its Wi-Fi Direct feature.
3 Select a device to connect to.
The devices will be connected when the other device accepts the Wi-Fi Direct connection request.
Sending and receiving data
You can share data, such as contacts or media files, with other devices. The following actions are an example of sending an image to another device.
- Launch the Gallery app and select an image.
- Tap Share → Wi-Fi Direct and select a device to transfer the image to.
- Accept the Wi-Fi Direct connection request on the other device.
If the devices are already connected, the image will be sent to the other device without the connection request procedure.
Ending the device connection
- On the Settings screen, tap Connections → Wi-Fi.
- Tap Wi-Fi Direct. The device displays the connected devices in the list.
- Tap the device name to disconnect the devices.